JMC Soil Samplers
1992 Hunter Avenue, Newton, 50208, Iowa, United States
PN002(Kit) JMC Backsaver N-3 Handle with Special Cleaner
JMC Backsaver N-3 Handle with Special Cleaner
Don't risk serious injury to your back, hands, or wrists. Pull samples easily with our JMC Backsaver N-3 Handle. Fitted with an 18 inch JMC Sampling Tube, this handle allows you to gather soil samples down to 66 inches. No bending over - handgrip stays at waist level throughout the sampling procedure.
- All metal parts nickel-plated to protect against rust and wear.
- Footpedal offers extra leverage for penetrating hard ground.
- Compatible with all JMC Sampling Tubes listed below.
- Rod Extensions may be added for more depth capability.
- JMC Special Cleaner rapidly removes soil core and prepares tube for next sample.
Picture above shows JMC Backsaver N-3 Handle with an 18 inch Dry Sampling Tube. The JMC Special Cleaner is inside the leather pouch the technician is wearing. Both the Special Cleaner and the leather pouch are included with the JMC Backsaver N-3 Handle.
How the JMC Backsaver N-3 Handle Works
Simply step down on the footpedal to plant your sampling tube. Then, bend your knees, grab the handgrip (now near waist level), and straighten your legs to lift the sampler out of the ground. Remove your sample with the JMC Special Cleaner and you are ready to sample again.
Insert the tube into the same hole in the ground. Step lightly on the footpedal to release the sliding rod inside the handle. Let 8 to 12 inches of the rod slide out of the handle. Then step down hard on the footpedal to lock the rod and drive the sampling tube further into the ground. When the tube is full (You can track depth by looking at the holes in the side of the Backsaver N-3 Handle), grab the handgrips and straighten your legs to lift the tube from the ground as you did before. When the handgrip gets too high, step lightly on the foot pedal and slide some of the rod back into the handle. Continue lifting the handgrips and adjusting the handle’s height as needed until the tube comes out of the ground. After cleaning the tube, either reenter the same hole for a deeper sample or move to a new site.
Reminder: Sampling Tubes are sold Separately!
(You will choose your sampling tubes in the next step.)
Our JMC Backsaver N-3 Handle fits a variety of soil sampling tubes. Each tube features a self-sharpening tip that pulls consistently good cores and outlasts common replaceable tips eight to one.
We have 6 kinds of tubes for the JMC Backsaver N-3 Handle:
(Click Here for a more complete summary.)
- Wet Sampling Tubes.
- Work best in soft, moist soils. Core diameter is 0.688 inches.
- Dry Sampling Tubes.
- Work best in hard, dry soils. Core diameter is 0.75 inches.
(If you just want one tube, get one of these,)
- Ag Consultant's Sampling Tube.
- Same design as the Dry Tubes, but produces a core diameter of only 0.56 inches.
- Large Diameter Sampling Tube.
- Same design as the Dry Tubes, but produces a core diameter of 1.2 inches.
- Zero Contamination Tube.
- Gathers samples uncontaminated by surface debris encased in clear, replaceable, plastic liners. Samples measure 1.2 inches in diameter.
- Concentric Sampling Tube
- Gathers samples in plastic liners like the Zero Contamination Tube, but the samples measure 2 inches in diameter and 6 inches long. Also features a metal casing which can be left in the ground for later retrieval.