JMC Soil Samplers
1992 Hunter Avenue, Newton, 50208, Iowa, United States
PN003(Kit) JMC Backsaver N-2 Handle with Special Cleaner
JMC Backsaver N-2 Handle with Special Cleaner
Don't risk serious injury to your back, hands, or wrists. Pull samples easily with our JMC Backsaver N-2 Handle. Your best option for fast "plow layer" (12 to 18 inches) sampling.
Simply step down on the footpedal to plant your sampling tube. Then, grab the handgrip (now near waist level) and use your legs to lift the sampler out of the ground. You can clean your tube quickly for your next sample with the JMC Special Cleaner held in a leather pouch on your belt.
- All metal parts nickel-plated to protect against rust and wear.
- Footpedal offers extra leverage for penetrating hard ground.
- Compatible with all JMC Sampling Tubes listed below.
- JMC Special Cleaner rapidly removes soil core and prepares tube for next sample.
Picture at left shows JMC Backsaver N-2 Handle with an 18 inch Dry Sampling Tube. The JMC Special Cleaner is inside the leather pouch the technician is wearing. Both the the Special Cleaner and the leather pouch are included with the JMC Backsaver N-2 Handle.
What About Sampling Tubes?
Our JMC Backsaver N-2 Handle fits a variety of soil sampling tubes. Each tube features a self-sharpening tip that pulls consistently good cores and outlasts common replaceable tips eight to one.
Sampling Tubes are sold Separately!
(You will choose your sampling tubes in the next step.)
We have 6 kinds of tubes for the JMC Backsaver N-2 Handle:
(Click Here for a more complete summary.)
- Wet Sampling Tubes.
- Work best in soft, moist soils. Core diameter is 0.688 inches.
- Dry Sampling Tubes.
- Work best in hard, dry soils. Core diameter is 0.75 inches.
(If you just want one tube, get one of these,)
- Ag Consultant's Sampling Tube.
- Same design as the Dry Tubes, but produces a core diameter of only 0.56 inches.
- Large Diameter Sampling Tube.
- Same design as the Dry Tubes, but produces a core diameter of 1.2 inches.
- Zero Contamination Tube.
- Gathers samples uncontaminated by surface debris encased in clear, replaceable, plastic liners. Samples measure 1.2 inches in diameter.
- Concentric Sampling Tube
- Gathers samples in plastic liners like the Zero Contamination Tube, but the samples measure 2 inches in diameter and 6 inches long. Also features a metal casing which can be left in the ground for later retrieval.