JMC Soil Samplers
1992 Hunter Avenue, Newton, 50208, Iowa, United States
PN445 Footpedal for JMC ESP PLUS
Replacement footpedal for the JMC Environmentalist's Sub-Soil Probe PLUS.
Usually the first thing that wears out on the JMC Environmentalist's Sub-Soil Probe PLUS is the spring loaded footpedal. The footpedal has a hole through which the sampling tube passes. As the hole gets worn away, the pedal has less ability to grip the sampling tube. If you notice your handle slipping when you step down hard on the foot operated jack, it may be time to replace the footpedal.
Replacement is easy. You'll only need a screwdriver or other rod 4 to 6 inches long.
- Pull the sampling tube out of the handle.
- Compress the spring with a screwdiver so you can pull the footpedal out of the handle.
- While keeping the spring compressed, insert the new footpedal.
- Pull out the screwdriver and push it into the hole in the footpedal. Wiggle it around to line up the spring with the hole.
- Insert the sampling tube and you're done.
(Please Note: This footpedal will NOT fit the JMC Environmentalist's Sub-Soil Probe that pulls a 0.8 inch diameter sample.)