Fertility and Soil Moisture Sampling
|Most fertility sampling needs to be done with a minimum of fuss. Often the person collecting samples is on foot or driving about in an all terrain vehicle. Consequently, our recommendations include lightweight, durable equipment that take plow-layer samples very quickly.|
Option One: JMC Backsaver N-2 Handle ($210-$310)
- Samples to 18 inches.
- Footpedal offers extra leverage for penetrating ground.
- Special Cleaner quickly removes sample from tube.
Option Two: JMC T-Handle and Mallet ($228-$428) Samples to several feet in most soils. Mallet greatly improves ability to penetrate hard ground. Optional Special Cleaner quickly removes sample from tube.
Option Three: JMC Conventional Handle ($141-$298)
- Samples to 18 inches. (3 feet with an extension)
- Works best in softer, tilled fields.
- Optional Special Cleaner quickly removes sample from tube.
Option Four: JMC Low Cost Samplers ($39-$70)
- Least expensive option.
- Samples to 12 or 15 inches.
- Designed for occasional use.