Our company owes its very existence to fulfilling this need. Our first and still most popular product, the JMC Backsaver Handle, was created by our founder, James Clements, while mapping soils for the US Soil Conservation Service in Marion County, Iowa.
Option One: JMC Backsaver Handle ($432-$625)
- Samples to 46 inches with an 18 inch tube.
- Sample diameters range from 0.5 to 1.2 inches.
- Footpedal offers extra leverage for penetrating ground.
- Special Cleaner quickly removes sample from tube.
Option Two: JMC Environmentalist’s Sub-Soil Probe ($2365-$7500)
- Samples every soil that CAN be sampled by a hand operated device.
- Samples to 20 feet or more with extensions.
- Sample diameters: 0.8 or 1.2 inches.
- Sampling tube driven by manual or electric hammer.
- Sample retrieved with foot operated jack.